Guest Host: Fernando Hernandez author of “The Cubans Our Legacy in the United States”
Teresa Dovalpage born in Havana Cuba graduated from University of Havana with a BA in English literature. Leaving Cuba in 1996, Teresa went on to get her PH.D in Latin American literature from University of New Mexico where she now also teaches. She also writes a weekly column for a local newspaper called Taos News.
Teresa is a bilingual author of six published novels, four in Spanish and two in English, in addition, she has written three collections of short stories and two theater plays.
Teresa Dovalpage’s works include the following:
- A Girl like Che Guevara
- Posesas de La Habana (Haunted ladies of Havana)
- Muerte de un murciano en La Habana (Death of a Murcian in Havana)
- El difunto Fidel (The late Fidel)
- Habanera, A Portrait of a Cuban Family
- La Regenta en La Habana
- ¡Por culpa de Candela!
- Llevarás Luto por Franco
- The Astral Plane: Stories of Cuba, the Southwest and Beyond
- La hija de La Llorona (The Wailing Woman’s Daughter)
- Hasta que el mortgage nos separe (Until mortgage do us part)